Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My MeMoRabLe 2008 & ReSoLuTion for YeaR 2009

1. Inevitable the nos. 1 for year 2008
Set up own biz “All-in-1 Stationery & Office Supplies” – although small, and not earning $$ yet but it’s a BIG EYE-OPENER & it definitely gave us a big experience in setting up own biz – it’s indeed difficult.. but my husband is still very positive and happy doing it. Perhaps we would venture into other biz where it could generate a higher profit margin. Hope the biz will blossom in year 2009.


2. Numerous holiday get-away
Traveling has always been my 1st choice for relaxation. We have been to different countries – although only in Asia - in year 2008. First to HK/Shenzhen/Macau in Feb then to Tokyo,Japan in Mar and eventually to Taipei, Taiwan in April. It’s my first time to Japan and Taiwan. I love the former because of the different culture and the cold weather. Going to Hongkong is also fun because of the different reason/objective – see number 3.

3. Participate in my first ½ Marathon on Hongkong
It definitely does not look cool for a lot of people – participating in the ½ marathon.. well, the training is the toughest and the participation is definitely the best.. especially running in cool weather, but to me – it’s COLD weather – 12 degree with the breeze… I can imagine it now!! And we are going for the 2nd time in 2009, definitely tougher as we hardly got the time for training and to make it before their cut-off time;p


Resolution for year 2009 – OX year (gonna be hardworking like an Ox)

1. Start my graduate Diploma In HRM
I have my career switch ½ year ago. Till now, the job I have is still barely 50% of HR coverage, hope to get a certificate and change to a full spectrum of HRM. Been thinking for so long to take a certificate, is it really worth the investment?

2. Get a Job that I love & enjoy
I think by getting number 1, I might be closer to achieving this goal – probably before 2009 ends. It seems that it is always difficult to attain a “Dream Job” , although my dream job is still a job that enables me to see the world… I guess I ought to be realistic sometimes, so let me settle for this one in year 2009!

3. Get away to States/other parts of Europe
Although this plan of traveling to States has been postponed till indefinite, I still hope it would be fulfilled in year 2009. Although most of our saving have gone to our biz, hope is always there..:)

4. Continue my scrapbooking
Having a hobby is nice but having the time to do and obtaining the likeable result are definitely another set of challenge for me. I am constantly seeking ways to make my scrapbook pages look better and better, at least to my eyes. Having a scrapbooking shop is definitely impossible for me since I know how hard it is to set a biz. It’s the best of this world – to set up a scrapbook shop and work in the interest of my own… 24/7 is no problem!
I will try and dig fotos to be pasted in my blog :) sorrie abt the boring text :P
Happy NeW YeAR to EveryOne... may 2009 be GREAT for all :)

No comments: