Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sunday Run

It was a hot but relaxing run on sunday for the Standard Chartered Marathon (opps.. I am only participating for the 10km.. too hot for longer distance)...after sending off my hubby who is participating in the 1/2 marathon...

i sat down and look at other ppl preparing for their run... its already 7pm, yet participants with "yellow bibs" still taking their own sweet time.. i wonder if they have enough training for the run... If I were them, I would be a little too excited... and definitely not to start my race late..

shortly, i went back to SRC to keep my camera (taken to take photos of both of us with the bibs proudly pinned on our chest)...took more sips of water before meeting chris at the esplande ...

yeah.. soon, 8am... slowly we walked to the starting point... there are so many ppl... I wonder if the organiser should stop increasing the participants.. otherwise it wuld be another 'Safra run' -> not enough water at the last few water point, 'climbing' up highways to run cos they only open one-lane for the event -- so crowded, low-quality shirt...total failure of organising a run... forget abt marathon...I mean the safra run...etc....

very soon, the MC announced the commencement of the run,... i didn't really heard the "pi" sound that denotes the start of the "women 10km" run...

The run was a smooth jog... although I did not really rush my jog.. thanks for the little training I had... with just this year event into it's 5th yr, it's getting more and more crowded...soon.. i am reaching the last 1km, I started to speed up only during the last 50-100m to get a better timing, although still the same as the last few years.. a little over an hour for me... my target should be below an hour...yeah, this 10km run fits perfectly into my training schedule, in preparation for next Feb Standard Chartered Run 1/2 marathon in HongKong.. yes... it's my 2nd time taking part.. with the cool weather.. I can feel that I am enjoying the run.. every bit of it... with my husband beside me!!

No comments: